TEAM JACK FOUNDATION
About the Team Jack Foundation
The Team Jack Foundation’s mission is to raise money and awareness for pediatric brain cancer research. Childhood brain cancer affects nearly 4,600 children each year, making it the leading cancer cause of death in children. Each year, less than four percent of U.S. federal funding is solely dedicated to childhood cancer research, even less than this is spent on child brain cancer research. The Team Jack Foundation has raised over $4.6 million for pediatric brain cancer research. The funding is currently fueling six research projects nationwide. The Team Jack Foundation is working with world renowned researchers, directly, to develop relevant and impactful research initiatives.
Programs & Services Offered
- 100% of funds raised after expenses go to research. In 2016, the Foundation committed to two new national research clinical trials that will focus on new treatments for kids. In addition, the Team Jack Foundation is still currently funding the UNMC brain tumor program. In total, the Team Jack Foundation has committed nearly $3 million to pediatric brain cancer research. These projects are committed and paid out annually. Here is a link to Team Jack's funded programs.
Did You Know?
- 4,600 children are diagnosed with a brain tumor annually.
- More than 28,000 children (0-14 years of age) are estimated to be living with a brain tumor in the United States.
- The average survival rate for all primary pediatric (0-19 years of age) malignant brain tumors is 73.6%.
- Every day, 13 children in the U.S. are diagnosed with a brain tumor.
- Brain tumors are the leading cause of cancer death from childhood cancer.
- We may spend 3-5 times the amount of research money per patient on most adult cancer cases than we do on children with cancer.
- Less than 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s research investments are spent on childhood cancer, let alone child brain cancer.
- Research that focuses specifically on pediatric brain tumors is crucial to saving children’s lives and improving survivors’ quality of life.
You Can Help
The average clinical trial takes an estimated investment of $2 million for three years. You can be the difference in funding a child through a clinical trial.
- $10 funds 8 minutes of a clinical trial providing new treatments for a child fighting a brain tumor.
- $25 funds 20 minutes of a clinical trial.
- $50 funds 40 minutes of a clinical trial.
- $100 funds 1 hour 20 minutes of a clinical trial.
- $250 funds 3 hours 17 minutes of a clinical trial.
- $500 funds 6 hours 34 minutes of a clinical trial.
Dollars at Work
- In 2017, Team Jack committed $500,000 to a new clinical trial.
402-925-2120 | web site | 47640 E. HWY 20, Suite 2, Atkinson, NE 68713