NEBRASKA COMMUNITY BLOOD BANK
About Nebraska Community Blood Bank
Nebraska Community Blood Bank, a Division of Innovative Blood Resources, has been saving lives in our communities since 1968 as an independent nonprofit. Driven by our mission, we are dedicated to connecting people who need life-saving blood with generous volunteers who give. We provide a stable supply of blood and blood components to healthcare facilities in six counties throughout eastern Nebraska.
Programs & Services Offered
- Through effective outreach to donors, continual development of biomedical expertise, and brand-building partnerships with the community, blood drive sponsors, and health care facilities, Nebraska Community Blood Bank connects those who need blood with those generous volunteers who give.
- Each year approximately 15,000 Nebraskans donated blood, representing over 17,000 hours of volunteer service annually.
- PACE-approved courses through NCBB’s learning management system to hospital clinical laboratory staff.
- Each fall, we conduct a workshop for high school students who coordinate blood drives at their schools. Participating High Schools are also eligible for secondary education scholarships.
- Informal speaker's bureau comprised of blood donors, patients and other community members who share their experience about the importance of blood donation.
Did You Know?
- Approximately 1 in 3 people will need a blood transfusion in their lifetime.
- Nearly everyone knows a family member or close friend who has had a blood transfusion.
- We accept blood donations from all qualified volunteers age 17 and older. Approximately 38% of the general population is eligible to donate blood.
- According to America’s Blood Centers, every 2 seconds someone in the United States needs blood.
- According to the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project, blood transfusion is the most common hospitalization procedure in the United States.
You Can Help
- $50 pays for additional testing to precisely match a blood donor for a patient with sickle cell disease.
- $175 pays for additional testing to precisely match a blood donor for a cancer patient.
402-486-9414 | web site | 100 North 84th Street, Lincoln, NE 68505