NEBRASKA AIDS PROJECT
About The Nebraska AIDS Project
The Nebraska AIDS Project leads the community in the fight to overcome HIV/AIDS and its stigma through education, support services and advocacy.
Programs & Services Offered
- Facilitating community outreach programs that result in getting new populations in for testing to know their status
- Free HIV testing, STI testing with bilingual capability
- Education & Outreach to identify and target at-risk populations and serve their needs to get tested.
- HIV and STD risk-reduction programs
- Mental health services for individuals and family members or partners
- Support groups
- Case management provides direct client services and outreach programs to assist those living with HIV/AIDS to maintain adherence to effective medical treatment and providing essentials such as personal care items and ongoing monitoring of needs for clients served
Did You Know?
- More than 2,500 cases of HIV/AIDS have been identified in Nebraska. Nationwide, this number is more than 1.2 million.
You Can Help
- $25 provides our agency with the ability to provide 31 “safe sex” kits
- $50 provides transportation to medical appointments for 12 individuals
- $100 provides free and confidential testing to 10 individuals
- $200 provides prevention education and outreach to 100 at-risk youth
- $250 provides moving expenses and housing supplies to one individual
Dollars at Work
- 500 people received support through case management.
- More than 2,000 people received free HIV testing and education.
- 75-100 people attended a support group.
Omaha Office: 402-552-9260 | web site | 250 S. 77th Street, Suite A, Omaha, NE 68114
Lincoln Office: 402-476-7000 | web site | 1120 K Street, Suite 100, Lincoln, NE 68508
Kearney Office: 308-338-0527 | web site | 1755 Prairie View Place, Kearney, NE 68848
Norfolk Office: 402-649-3584 | web site | 302 W. Phillip Ave, Norfolk, NE 68701
Scottsbluff Office: 308-672-0794 | web site | 1517 Broadway, Scottsbluff, NE 69361