MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY ASSOCIATION OF NEBRASKA
About The Muscular Dystrophy Association of Nebraska
Muscular Dystrophy is often used to refer to a group of progressive muscle wasting and neuromuscular diseases that can include: Duchenne MD, Limb-Girdle MD, ALS, Friedreich’s Ataxia and Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Muscular Dystrophy can affect people of all ages. Although some forms become apparent in infancy or childhood, others may not appear until middle age or later.
Programs & Services Offered
- Special patient care clinics give individuals access to a nationwide network of some 200 hospital-affiliated clinics and 40 MDA/ALS research and clinical care centers.
- MDA Clinics provide neurologist consultation with diagnostic services, therapeutic services and rehabilitative follow-up care.
- Free equipment loan program and assistance in repairing equipment for MDA-registered clients.
- Education and advocacy.
- MDA Summer Camp available at no charge for all children ages 8-17 with a neuromuscular disease.
- MDA is the leader in research for ALS and other neuromuscular related diseases. MDA spent $17 million last year.
- Reimbursement for annual flu shots for individuals living with a neuromuscular disease.
Did You Know?
- 1,070 people in Nebraska and Southwest Iowa have been registered with MDA that receive services provided by MDA.
- Muscular Dystrophy can affect people of all ages. Although some forms become apparent in infancy or childhood, others may not appear until middle age or later.
- Individuals affected by any of the 43 neuromuscular diseases in MDA’s program have access to a nationwide network of some 200 hospital-affiliated clinics and 40 ALS research and clinical care centers staffed by top health professionals.
You Can Help
- $25 provides a flu shot for an MDA client.
- $100 buys one activity for one camper at MDA Summer Camp.
- $250 buys 3.8 minutes of research.
- $500 provides one week of medical supplies at camp for one child.
- $2,000 can send one kid to MDA Summer Camp for a week.
Dollars at Work
- 80 kids attended summer camp.
- 1,070 people received assistance with equipment loans or repairs.
- 756 people attended a Clinic.
402-390-2914 | web site | 14344 Y St #100, Omaha, NE 68137