SUSAN G. KOMEN® GREAT PLAINS
About Susan G. Komen® Great Plains
Susan G. Komen Great Plains works to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening illness through research, education, screening and treatment programs.
Programs & Services Offered
- Information and referral to services for breast health or breast cancer.
- Community-based grants that provide breast health education, low- or no-cost breast cancer screenings and other types of assistance for breast cancer patients.
- Educational outreach programs and activities to promote breast health awareness
Did You Know?
- 24 people are diagnosed with breast cancer every week in Nebraska; four people lose their life to breast cancer every week.
- One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- 40,000 women and men in the U.S. die of breast cancer each year.
You Can Help
- $20 per month helps fund an annual mammogram.
- $50 helps a breast cancer patient with transportation assistance to screening, diagnostic or treatment appointments
- $100 gives someone the opportunity to participate in an 8-week survivorship support education class.
- $250 gives an uninsured woman access to various screening or diagnostic procedures.
- $500 is the average cost of core-needle biopsy for someone without insurance.
402-502-2979 | web site | 8707 West Center Road, Suite 101, Omaha, NE 68124