Certain chronic diseases are more likely to affect women. You can support women's health by providing:
- Education and prevention programs to support women with diseases such as diabetes.
- Expo events, such as the American Lung Association's LUNG FORCE Expo program, which is designed for patients, caregivers and healthcare providers to learn more about the latest trends, resources and research surrounding lung cancer, COPD and asthma.
- NICU Family Support Specialist programs that provide emotional and educational support to families whose babies are in the NICU and to moms on bed rest.
- Community-based grants that support breast health education, low- or no-cost breast cancer screenings and other types of assistance for breast cancer patients.
- Medical research to find better treatment options and ultimately a cure for chronic diseases that affect women.
American Diabetes Association of Nebraska
American Lung Association in Nebraska
March of Dimes, Nebraska & Western Iowa Market
Susan G. Komen® Great Plains