CROHN'S & COLITIS FOUNDATION, NEBRASKA/IOWA CHAPTER
About the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Nebraska/Iowa Chapter
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization dedicated to finding the cures for Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. Since our founding, the Foundation has remained at the forefront of research in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, collectively known as inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). Today, we fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our professional education workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. We are very proud that the National Institutes of Health has commended us for "uniting the research community and strengthening IBD research."
Beyond research, the Foundation is collaborating with healthcare providers to improve IBD quality of care, as well as educating, supporting, and empowering patients and their caregivers through patient-centric education and advocacy programs.
Programs & Services Offered
- Advocacy Network uses patients' collective voice to raise awareness and create action to better lives
- Crohn’s & Colitis Congress provides professional education for medical professionals
- My IBD Family Event provides pediatric patient and caregiver education
- Camp Oasis is an experience of a lifetime for kids living with IBD
- Power of Two matches newly diagnosed patients with a patient mentor
- Medical research
Did You Know?
- 1 in 200 Americans suffer from Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis.
- Statewide, there are over 10,000 individuals living with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis.
- The fastest growing patient population is children under the age of 18.
- The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation has funded every major scientific breakthrough in the study of inflammatory bowel disease.
You Can Help
- $25 helps support live education events in our communities
- $220 provides educational materials to medical professionals
- $500 provides nearly half the cost for a child to attend summer camp
Dollars At Work
- 2,200 medical professionals received educational materials
- 125 people participated in the My IBD Family Event
- 20 kids attended Camp Oasis
- 12 people were matched with a patient mentor
402-505-9901 | web site | 7701 Pacific St, Suite 305, Omaha, NE 68114