CROHN'S & COLITIS FOUNDATION, NEBRASKA/IOWA CHAPTER
About the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Nebraska/Iowa Chapter
The mission of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is to cure Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.
Programs & Services Offered
- Support groups.
- Advocacy: CCFA recruits and organizes IBD patients, as well as their family members, friends, caregivers and doctors, to raise their voices and become actively involved in advancing our public policy goals and increased research funding.
- Camp Oasis offers medically supervised summer camp for children with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- CCFA has provided more than $267 million for research on the treatment and cures of IBD.
- Referral services through a network of professional members.
- Webcasts, IBD Help Center and printed materials provide accurate and up-to-date information.
- Professional education through our professional journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, as well as through health professional workshops, and our annual Advances in IBD Conference.
- IBD Qorus™ is CCFA's national quality of care initiative that seeks to identify, implement, and improve standard practices for treating patients with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
- CCFA is educating and supporting patients interested in participating in clinical trials, an essential step in the drug development process, to accelerate time to market and expand the number of treatment options for IBD patients. In addition to patients, our Clinical Trials Community includes gastroenterology professionals and researchers working together to increase clinical trial awareness and improve efficiencies and enrollment.
Did You Know?
- Statewide, there are 10,000 individuals with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis.
402-505-9901 | web site | 7701 Pacific St, Suite 305, Omaha, NE 68114