ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION, HEARTLAND REGION, NEBRASKA
About the Arthritis Foundation, Heartland Region, Nebraska
Leading the fight for the arthritis community, the Arthritis Foundation helps conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science and community connections.
Programs & Services Offered
- Referrals and toll-free Helpline: 1-844-571-4357 (HELP).
- State- and federal-level advocacy to help keep medications accessible and affordable.
- National JA Conference and local Family Days provides tools and information to JA families; scholarships provided.
- Camp Spirit for children with juvenile arthritis and siblings; scholarships provided.
- Online support group.
- Medical research.
- Better Living Toolkits are a free resource for adults with arthritis that includes a variety of resources and tools to help individuals manage their arthritis in daily life.
- JA Power Packs are a free resource for families that have a child with arthritis that includes a variety of resources and tools to help individuals manage their arthritis in daily life.
Did You Know
- Approximately 345,000 Nebraskans are living with arthritis, and 1,800 of them are children.
- 1 in 5 adults has arthritis, and 1 in 250 children has arthritis.
- 23 million people with arthritis are limited in their ability to do daily activities, such as standing, bending, walking and climbing stairs.
- Two-thirds of people with arthritis are under age 65.
- Arthritis is more common in women than men.
- One in four veterans lives with arthritis.
- Among adults with arthritis, nearly half (47 percent) have at least one other disease or condition, such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney disease, obesity, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Arthritis and other non-traumatic joint disorders are among the five most costly conditions among adults.
- Arthritis and related conditions account for $156 billion annually in lost wages and medical expenses, 44 million outpatient visits, and nearly 1 million hospitalizations.
- By the year 2030, an estimated 67 million people are expected to have doctor-diagnosed arthritis
You Can Help
- $10 provides a free Better Living Toolkit to a person with arthritis. The kit includes a variety of resources and tools to help individuals manage their arthritis in daily life.
- $23 helps support a JA family
- $50 provides a free JA Power Pack to a child with juvenile arthritis, which includes a special teddy bear that can be heated or chilled, and a resource book for parents.
- $500 provides a full scholarship to Camp Spirit for a child with juvenile arthritis.
Dollars at Work
- 6,000 people received referrals
- Four families attended the National JA Conference
- More than 60 people attended Family Days
- About 30 kids attended Camp Spirit
402-262-0144 | web site | 11414 West Center Rd., #348, Omaha, NE 68144