ALZHEIMER'S ASSOCIATION NEBRASKA CHAPTER
About The Alzheimer's Association
The Alzheimer’s Association works to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Programs & Services Offered
- Care consultations for individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer's or other dementia and their network(s) of support.
- MedicAlert®+Alzheimer’s Association Safe Return® identification program.
- Caregiver support groups and caregiver education presentations.
- Eduation and resources regarding reducing risk factors associated with developing dementia.
- 24/7 Information and Referral Helpline - 800.272.3900
- 24/7 Online support, including access to care navigation tools, chat rooms, and care planning calendar services.
- Local, state and national advocates for Alzheimer’s and other dementia issues.
- Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch® online clinical trial locator service.
- Supports research and clinical trials.
Did You Know?
- 5.5 million individuals are living with Alzheimer's disease, including 33,000 Nebraskans.
- Nationwide, more than 15 million caregivers provide support to people living with dementia, including 82,000 Nebraskans.
- The value of unpaid care in the United States is $230 billion, and represents over 18 billion hours of care.
- Alzheimer's disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States, and the only cause of death amongst in the top ten without a way to treat, slow or cure.
- In 2017, Alzheimer's will cost the nation $259 billion.
- Since 2000, deaths from heart disease have decreased by 14% while deaths from Alzheimer's disease have increased by 89%.
You Can Help
- $100 sends 25 HELPLINE packets to callers in need of support and education.
- $375 provides four hours of Care Consultation with a Masters level care consultant.
- $480 pays for eight people to attend a Family Caregiver Conference.
- $500 provides 10 caregiver information packages.
- $500 enrolls 10 individuals in our Safe Return™ identification program.
- $1,000 enables 40 Early Stage caregivers to participate in support groups for a year.
Omaha Office: 402-502-4300 | web site | 11711 Arbor Street, Suite 110, Omaha, NE 68144
Lincoln Office: 402-420-2540 | web site | 1500 S. 70th Street, Suite 201, Lincoln, NE 68506
Kearney Office: 402-954-0006 | web site | 207 West 29th Street, Suite B, Kearney, NE 68845