AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCIATION IN NEBRASKA
About The American Lung Association in Nebraska
The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through education, advocacy and research.
Programs & Services Offered
- Provides the latest best practices and resources to patients and doctors about lung disease at the annual LUNG FORCE Expo.
- Better Breathers Club offers ways to better cope with COPD and provides support.
- Camp Superkids for children with asthma.
- Lung Help Line staffed by respiratory therapists, nurses and counselors to answer questions about lung disease and smoking cessation.
- Freedom From Smoking® group clinic designed for smokers who are ready to quit; free online and tobacco quitline.
- Education and advocacy for clean air.
- Research: The American Lung Association spent more than $7.6 million on research during the 2015-2016 fiscal year.
Did You Know?
- Statewide, 210,330 people have a lung disease, including lung cancer, chronic lung disease or asthma. Nationally, this number is 32 million.
- The total estimated cost attributable to cigarette smoking is more than $332 billion annually.
- During 2016, an estimated 224,390 new cases of lung cancer were expected to be diagnosed.
- In 2014, there were more than 414,000 deaths due to lung disease, making it the third leading cause of death behind heart disease and cancer.
You Can Help
- $15 Gives one parent of a child with asthma with access to an lung health hotline
- $45 Educates three women about lung cancer
- $75 Helps 100 Americans assess their lung cancer risk with our online assessment tool.
- $100 Educates one healthcare provider about the latest COPD treatment information
- $110 Supports one day of research to find a cure for asthma or other lung disease
- $120 Helps one person quit smoking through group workshops
- $150 Gives 10 people with lung cancer access to a lung cancer hotline
- $250 Teaches 10 children how to manage their asthma
- $275 Supports one day of research toward finding a cure for lung cancer
- $300 Gives 20 people with COPD access to a COPD hotline
402-502-5940 | web site | 8990 West Dodge Street, Suite 226 Omaha, NE 68114