AUTISM ACTION PARTNERSHIP
About Autism Action Partnership
The Autism Action Partnership works to improve the quality of life of persons on the Autism Spectrum and their families through education, advocacy and support, thereby enabling them to be an integral part of the community.
Programs & Services Offered
- Referral for services over the phone and on web site.
- Education advocacy and support in 235 Nebraska schools. AAP assists clients in finding services and support and works with the greater autism community on improving the service system and impacting policy.
- Annual Autism Summit.
- Speakers’ Bureau
- Summer Art Camp for children on the autism spectrum
- Employment services: PACE (Partnership for Autism Career Employment) is a year-round project that offers direct support to young adults on the spectrum. AAP conducts an intake assessment, helps clients with interview skills and resume development, finds placement in the corporate community and provides ongoing support to the client and the employer.
Did You Know?
- Every 20 minutes a child is diagnosed with Autism.
- Autism is more prevalent than juvenile diabetes, pediatric AIDS, leukemia, and muscular dystrophy combined.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average.
- Autism is the fastest growing developmental disorder, yet most underfunded.
- In Nebraska, 1 in 112 people have Autism. Nationwide, this number is 1 in 68.60,000 people in Nebraska are affected by Autism.
You Can Help
- $10 gives an adult on the spectrum an opportunity to role-play a job interview with a job coach.
- $25 provides a career assessment session for an adult on the spectrum.
- $50 provides 2 adults/parents and 1 child admission into the Henry Doorly Zoo for a sensory-friendly zoo experience
- $125 provides a job coach for an adult on the spectrum for one 8 hour day of work
- $250 provides 4 adults/parents and 7 children access to a sensory friendly experience at the children’s museum in Omaha, NE
- $500 allows an elementary school to conduct several social skill events throughout the school year with the circle of friends program.
402-763-8830 | web site | 10110 Nicholas, Suite 202, Omaha, NE68114